Metal wound gasket is an important sealing component. Let's briefly introduce its function and use.
Metal wound gaskets are widely used in petroleum, chemical, metallurgy, power generation, shipbuilding and other occupations. They are the key components for static sealing of pressure pipes, valves, pumps and heat exchangers in China. Therefore, the selection and use of high-quality metal-wound gasket products is of great significance for reducing and eliminating running, running, dripping and leaking, ensuring the safety of the host equipment and the normal operation of the pressure pipeline.
First, you should pay attention to the following points when purchasing metal wound gasket products:
1. Select the gasket according to the working condition and the flange sealing surface type.
2. Select the products of the production enterprise with sound quality management system that is sound and useful, and select the products of enterprises that hold the special equipment (pressure pipe components) to manufacture the certificate of approval and the useful type test report.
3. The outer surface of the gasket body is not allowed to have flaws, open spaces, unevenness and rust spots that affect the sealing function. The non-metallic strip on the outer surface of the gasket body should be evenly and appropriately raised beyond the metal strip. The texture between the layers should be clear, but the metal strip should not be exposed. The solder joint distance of the metal wound gasket should be uniform, and there should be no defects such as unfusion or over-melting. Reinforced ring outer surface shall not have defects such as burrs, unevenness, rust spots, etc. The distance between the upper and lower sealing surfaces of the gasket main body and the upper and lower outer surfaces of the reinforcing ring shall be tightly fixed between the inner reinforcing ring and the gasket main body, and shall not be loose; the outer reinforcing ring and The spacer body should be positioned and loosened properly.
Also pay attention to the following when the device is wound with metal:
1. The surrounding part of the metal gasket is necessary to be between the flange sealing surfaces. It is not necessary to widen the width of the surrounding portion at will, which will affect the pressing force of the bolt and then affect the sealing function of the gasket.
2. The basic metal gasket should not be used on the concave and convex flange. This is because the basic gasket is easily welded under the axial compression force of the flange, and then the gasket is invalid. .
3. In the case of high temperature, cold or hot and cold alternating frequency, large oscillation, strong corrosive medium and other harsh working conditions, the gasket for flat flange and convex flange is equipped with inner ring of reasonable material.
4, can not replace the high raw material gasket with low raw material gasket. Prevent material corrosion or other causes of gasket failure.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Little knowledge about octagonal pads
- Metal wound gasket has the function of damping
- Installation process and precautions for octagonal pads
- About the advantages of the octagonal pad
- Octagonal gaskets are available in a variety of materials for different operations
- How to use PTFE tape
- The role and use of graphite rings
- Graphite ring device graphite ring product structure
- Technical factors for the production of metal wound gaskets